GATE 2019 is a Month Away: Practice Online Mock Tests to Ace the Exam!
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level postgraduate entrance examination for admission to M.E./M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes at IITs, IISc, NITs, GFTIs and other Universities in India. GATE 2019 is being conducted by IIT Madras between 2nd Feb- 10th Feb 2019. The exam will be conducted in online mode on February 2, 3, 9 and 10 for 24 papers. The result of GATE 2019 will be published on 16th March 2019.
Since the exam will be conducted online it is important for you to practice online mock tests for GATE as much as you can. With hardly a month away for this exam, here are a few last minute tips to crack GATE 2019:
1. When you are one month away from the main exam, do not make the mistake of starting to study new topics. This one month should be utilized by you only to brush up on the topics you have already studied and to keep practicing questions on them.
2.Practice question papers from at least the last 10 years. These will give you a very good idea of the kind of questions that you can expect and hence, you will be able to plan your study and practice accordingly.
3. Make notes of whatever you study, especially formulae. Since GATE is a technical exam for the engineers, it will have a lot of questions that involve formulae. There is a high chance for you to forget them and hence, note down every formula in a notebook and other important points as well. This will help you to brush them quickly before entering the exam hall.
4. Practice mock tests every day! The last one month of your preparation should be focussed a lot on increasing speed and improving accuracy. These are the factors that could prove to be game changers in the exam. To achieve this solving online practice tests daily is a must.
5. Calculators are not allowed in the exam hall. However, you will have access to a virtual calculator on the screen of your computer. So, make sure you practice all calculations using the virtual calculator during your preparation.
6. Do not ignore the General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics portions during your preparation. These are not the technical parts, but they carry 30% of the total GATE marks. Do find time to solve questions under these sections too.
7. Develop a proper strategy to implement while answering during the actual exam as well. Do a quick scan of the questions once and answer those that you are very sure of. In the second round, answer questions that you can in less than 2 minutes. If at all you are not able to answer a question within 2 minutes, move on to the next question.
GATE is an exam that can open up very exciting careers for you in the future. Make sure you ace the exam by practicing free online mock tests available on the Glow & Lovely Careers (formerly known as Fair & Lovely Career Foundation) website for GATE.