How to Score High Marks in 12th Standard Accountancy Exam
Accountancy is basically a numerical based subject, but demands a combination of writing skills, conceptual answering and mathematical skills from a student. In the practical world, accountancy is the art of communicating financial information to shareholders and managers. Hence, you must have good command over ledgers, debiting and crediting balance sheets and even journal entities.
For Commerce students, the Accountancy paper is of prime importance as this is one subject where you can score with the right approach to study. Studying this subject well not only helps you to improve your overall score in the board exams, but also opens up wide career prospects including that of a CA (Chartered Accountant), CMA ( Certified Management Accountant), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) and more.
As mentioned earlier, although this subject is primarily numerical based, you can expect a number of theory-based questions and hence, focus must be directed at writing well also. Here are some important to bear in mind while preparing for the 12th standard Accountancy board exams:
1. You need to first understand the important topics that demand more focus while studying. These include Share Capital and Debenture, Pro-rata allotment of shares, Partnership Firms, Analysis of Financial Statements and Cash Flow Statements.
2. Understanding the concepts is the most important thing in Accountancy. Once you get a strong hold on them, then you have a smooth sailing thereafter. Refer to the very effective online course on Accountancy on the Glow & Lovely Careers (formerly known as Fair & Lovely Career Foundation) website to get absolute clarity on concepts.
3. Get a strong hold on basic topics in Accountancy like ledger posting and debit and credit balances.
4.As and when you study keep highlighting the most important points and make notes of these. Write down all the formulae and definitions in a book, like that of assets, debts, liabilities, profit and loss, etc., so that it comes handy to brush through just before you enter the exam hall.
4. Follow the Pomodoro technique while studying every day. This technique involves studying for 25 minutes and then taking a break for 5 minutes. This is a time-tested theory which has been proven to be very effective in terms of giving you greater focus during the time of study.
5.Practice online mock tests every single day. This point cannot be stressed enough. The more speed and accuracy you attain, the better marks you score. And these can be attained only by practicing online mock tests every day during preparation. Devote 2 hours of your day only for this.
6. Refer and solve board exam question papers on Accountancy from the last 10 years. By this, you will get a solid understanding of what you can expect.
Rigorous preparation will always lead you to success in any exam. Make sure you keep the enthusiasm going and never stop until you reach the goal you wanted to reach.